ARPH CONFERENCE 2022
16 & 17 June 2022 | Egmond aan Zee
YOUNG TALENT AWARD
Call for nominations
The ARPH Young Talent Award is an award for talented early-career researchers which will be awarded at the upcoming conference.
The award is meant for researchers at the beginning of their research career. Applicants must have obtained their doctorate within the last seven years. This deadline can be extended with 6 months maximum if the candidate has taken parental, maternity or care leave within the relevant period. Nominations can be sent by a senior researcher (Professor or Associate Professor) and with the candidates’ agreement. Nominators and the candidate should be members of ARPH (or have applied to become member before the submission deadline).
The deadline for nominations is Friday, May 20th.
The nomination should consist of:
- A letter of recommendation signed by the nominator and a second senior researcher from another institute, which describes the accomplishments of the candidate and makes clear why this nominee is particularly promising and talented in the field of psychology and health, taking into account the following criteria: quality of publications; innovativeness of the research; scientific impact; societal impact; and relevance for the aims of ARPH: to stimulate and coordinate the academic study and application of psychological approaches to health and illness within The Netherlands and/or Belgium.
- An updated CV of the nominee, including a list of three key publications.
The jury for the award consists of three senior members of ARPH and is chaired by Prof. dr Marijn de Bruin. Members of the Jury are not allowed to propose a candidate. Nominations should be sent before May 20th 2022 to Dr. Kai Karos using the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The winning candidate will be notified by the jury before June 1st 2022.
Thesis in 2021? Apply for the ARPH thesis award!
Now is the chance to apply for the illustrious ARPH thesis award.
To encourage young researchers in the field of psychology and health, the Association for Researchers in Psychology & Health (ARPH) awards a PhD thesis during their annual conference.
Who can apply?
- Candidates in the field of psychology and health who have obtained their PhD degree in the calendar year 2021.
- Candidates should be member of ARPH, or have applied to become member before the submission deadline.
- The winner of the award will attend the ARPH conference 2022 and will give a presentation about the PhD thesis at the conference (on June 16-17th, 2022).
Candidates must submit an electronic version of their PhD thesis to the chair of the jury: Dr. Dimitri Van Ryckeghem (send e-mail) before April 30th, 2022. Only PhD theses written in English are eligible. By their participation, the candidates accept the general conditions of the award. The winning candidate will be notified by the jury before June 5th 2022.
ORAL PRESENTATION & POSTER AWARD
Oral Presentation Award
The two best rated oral presentations of the conference will receive the ‘ARPH Oral presentation award’ – one for each day.